In order to engage in operations in free zones, an Operating License has to be obtained from Undersecretary for Foreign Trade Directorate General of Free Zones.
An application form for Operating License can be obtained from Directorate General of Free Zones, Zone Directorates or Zone Operator, Founder/Operator Companies and has to be completed and the documents mentioned below have to be attached to the copy of the said form.
1. Descriptive information about the Applicant and its Free Zone operation
2. Authorization document and specimen signature of the signatory and power of attorney and specimen signature of the representative of the firm (if any),
3. Turkish Trade Registration Gazette that announces the establishment of the Applicant Firm showing its current capital composition (For foreign firms Trade Registration Document ratified by the related Turkish Consulate)
4. Last three years’ balance sheets and income statements
5. The original receipt of application fee deposited to the Central Bank of Turkey, and its copy
6. Documents related to the foreign currency brought into Turkey in the last three years (if any)
7. The Application Form for Operating License which can be obtained from Directorate General of Free Zones, Zone Directorates or Zone Operator, Founder/Operator Companies has to be completed.